o Submit your site to Search Engines:
- Submit Site to Google Search Engine :
1. Sign up for google and go to www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
2. Click Add a site, and type the URL of the site you want to add.
3. Click Continue. The Site verification page opens.
4. In the Name box, type a name for your site.
5. Select the verification method the easiest one is verification by meta tags.
6. Now add the meta tags generated by google( eg. meta name="google-site...") to your site between head tag.(For Blogger users just go to dashboard->Layout->Edit HTML).
7. Now, go back to Google Webmaster page and click on Verify.
8. You can also submit your RSS (for blogger its most cases atom.xml)
- Submit Site to Yahoo Search Engine :
1. Just goto https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com
2. Type your site address and click on Add my Site.
3. Select the verification method the easiest one is verification by meta tags.
4. Add meta tag to your head section.
5. Click on verify.
6. You can also submit your RSS (for blogger its most cases atom.xml).
- Submit Site to Bing(Microsoft) Search Engine :
1. Just Open http://www.bing.com/webmaster/SubmitSitePage.aspx.
2. Submit your site.
o If You are blogger user then check following settings for your blog.
1. Login to your blog an goto settings->basic->Let search engines find your blog
set this setting to “YES”.
2. Go to Settings->Permissions->Blog Readers
Set this setting to “Anybody”.
o Importance of meta keywords and desciptions.
1. What is meta keywords:
The meta keywords tag is an HTML tag which can be used to tell explicitly tell a search engine what the page's keywords are google does not use it but search engine like yahoo still using it so you can set your important keyword of your site for all f your web site pages separately.add meta keyword tag to head section of your page.
2. What is meta Description:
It is summary of your site many search engine find the web site content from the
add this meta description to tag to head section of your page.
o Importance of web site keywords:
Each and every day there are Lots of web sites and blogs created so search engine like google yahoo and bing not crawl each and every site.In order to achieve top ranking in search engine your site content and title must be unique. Suppose you are writing a post on "programming in c " - there are lots of result for this topic so your site might not crawl by search engines.
o Importance of heading tags h1,h2,h3:
Its important to set your post title using heading tags like h1,h2,h3. I personally using h3 tag for my site.